Fall Tour T-Shirt Preview!

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

If you follow me on twitter, you may have already seen a preview of my fall tour t-shirt! Here it is:

You might be wondering why the hell I’m making a shirt with an emblematic eagle in Hufflepuff colors. Honestly, I’m really not sure why, except that I find expressions of extreme patriotism amusing and there’s nothing more patriotic than a majestic eagle perched on a tree branch, spreading its wings and turning its head to one side. Am I right? Whateva.

I love this shirt. That’s the bottom line.

Now, here’s the deal. Gold on black is what I think looks best for this shirt. But I could be wrong. If you have any suggestions for alternate color schemes, please feel free to suggest them in the comments! I would love to get your input.

By the way, this design was created by Michael Hays. You can check out more of his work by clicking here.

Fall tour begins October 13 and it’ll last for about a month! More details are coming soon. In the mean time, you are probably aware that the third Hunger Games book is coming out on TUESDAY. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!! AGGHHHH!!!!! *deep breath* Lauren and I have this side project called Armoured Bearcub, and we have a song about Katniss and Peeta! You should check it out by clicking this link!

That’s it for now!

Love,
Matt

12 Comments

• By Kathryn, August 21, 2010 @ 3:01 am

I love that it’s Hufflepuff colors. There isn’t enough merch available in those colors. Plus, I think it looks good in general.

And I’m so excited for Mockingjay on Tuesday!

• By Brad Ausrotas, August 21, 2010 @ 3:04 am

As I mention on Twitter, I effing love this shirt. It’s so perfect, and so well-designed. The Hufflepuff colours are a bit odd (I AM a Slytherin after all), but you can’t deny that the gold on black is PERFECT for this. It looks fantastic.

Hope you’re playing some CANADIAN stops this tour! =D

• By SARA J PERKINS!, August 21, 2010 @ 3:10 am

WANT. IT. NOA! Seriously. I want that on my body. Right now. Please build one now and send it by morning. 😀

As for actually answering your question, I think black is a good color for shirts. Arguably the best color for shirts. And very versatile. So going with Hufflepuff colors just makes sense. Plus the tone of the shirt in black and yellow is very serious. It says, “We are not fucking around.” and “This is the most important shirt you have ever seen.” Which is perfect, because that is obviously the idea you intended to portray. XD

• By Maria (the second M of M&M), August 21, 2010 @ 3:23 am

Ben would love this t-shirt! I need to show you the picture of him with the big wooden American eagle. This is perfect. One size large on order please. Black and gold is good.

Thanks.

• By Jaci, August 21, 2010 @ 3:24 am

I like it. Actually when I first saw it, and this may be cheesy, but I thought it was Hufflepuff colours for Lauren, and the Eagle for you.

• By Jon, August 21, 2010 @ 3:48 am

I think you should offer it in all house colours, so red, yellow, green and blue.

• By SarahW, August 21, 2010 @ 4:45 am

I agree with Jon. House colors with the eagle in white.

• By SarahW, August 21, 2010 @ 4:51 am

P.S. If you really have your heart set on a black shirt, I’d suggest two colors: unisex white on black and girlcut white on purple (Demons at the Helm purple).

• By Jill Sebacher, August 21, 2010 @ 5:07 am

Bloody brilliant shirt–wouldn’t change colors…please get girl cut!

• By cassandra, August 21, 2010 @ 1:42 pm

HELLO ROGER

I MIGHT CHANGE THE COLORS SIMPLY BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IT LOOKS VERY NAZI

BUT I REALLY LIKE THE IDEA OF HOUSE COLORS MENTIONED ABOVE

I HOPE YOU ARE IN JOYING YOUR DUNKIN RIGHT NOW

LOVE,
    CASSANDRA

• By Raven, August 21, 2010 @ 11:18 pm

I think that the Gold and Black is fine! Being as I am a Slytherin I can’t bring myself to say it is the BEST colour combination. Although I can say I would DEFINITELY buy one.

Other Links to this Post