You should come see us at one of our shows in April.
Not convinced? Here’s a list of the top ten reasons why this statement is true!
1. Awesome Deals On Whomping Willows Merch! You may have noticed that I have a few great deals on merch right now at my online merch store. Throughout April tour, you’ll be able to take advantage of these awesome bargains IN REAL LIFE, and you won’t have to pay for shipping! In particular, I’ll have Whomping Willows Eagle t-shirts for just $12, as well as a buy-one-get-one-free deal on CDs! Holy balls! I’ll probably have additional deals that I haven’t thought of yet! Attend a show to find out what they are!
2. House Party Shows Are Unique! Everybody loves crazy sold-out club shows, summer library shows, and huge wizard rock festivals. I have a feeling everybody would love house party shows too, if only they had an opportunity to attend one. In 2008, I blazed a new trail with JFF and Catchlove when we embarked on a two-month, nationwide tour that was dominated by small house party shows. We played in the living rooms and basements of many people we’d never met before, and in the process we forged friendships that will last a lifetime. House party shows provide for a more intimate setting, and traditional boundaries between bands and fans are stripped from the experience. This gives us an opportunity to directly respond to the energy of fans and improvise in a way that’s impossible during bigger shows. Seriously, you won’t be disappointed!
3. House Party Shows Result In New Friendships! Do you feel like a lone HP nerd in your community of muggles? Attend a house party show and you’ll find yourself surrounded by wizard rock fans who also happen to be your neighbors! Use the opportunity to start a meetup group, or just make new friends who like the same nerdy stuff you like. We see it happen all the time and it’s wonderful!
4. Exclusive Tour Poster!! Our April tour is the ONLY place where you can get your hands on our exclusive April tour poster! We’re using proceeds from sales of this poster to help us cover our travel costs. But the best reason to buy it is that it’s AWESOME. You can get a sneak peek at this poster in my tour preview video.
5. Justin Finch-Fletchley Will Be Doing Something He’s Never Done Before! You’ve probably seen JFF’s trademark chaotic acoustic sets, where he destroys guitar strings like it’s his job (I guess in some way it is?). This time around, Justin will be performing with backing tracks as a thumb injury will prevent him from playing guitar. This will be 1) probably really effing weird and cool, and 2) an opportunity for fans to request ANY SONG FROM HIS ENTIRE DISCOGRAPHY. So cool!
6. From April 8 Through April 15, We’ll Be Playing With Snidget And Kwikspell! That’s right — if you attend any of our shows beginning April 8 in Chicago, you’ll be able to see Snidget and Kwikspell! Snidget is one of my oldest wizard rock friends and her music is unlike anything else in wizard rock: She plays a hammered dulcimer! Kwikspell writes passionate, energetic, and downright catchy songs, and you are sure to fall in love. Don’t miss these awesome people!
7. Winter Is OVER And It’s Time To Party!!! If you’re like me, you’re ready for Spring. The warmer weather is nice, and the promise of summer is encouraging, but is that really enough to lift your spirits? Add some wizard rock to the mix and shake off those winter blues! We’re ready to party and we hope you are too!
8. Lauren Has New Songs! My sweet ladyfriend is working on a new album, and she’ll be playing these new songs at all our shows in April! What’s even cooler about this is that Lauren is working on a new wizard rock album that examines the relationship between Snape and Lily. This is one of the more fascinating and mysterious subjects from the HP series, and her new songs do a fantastic job of expanding on the source material. You won’t be disappointed!
9. We Love You! For some, wizard rock is something that happens in the summer. For us, wizard rock is a year-round labor of love. We love playing shows and seeing our friends across the country, and the best way for us to do that is to tour! We’re touring in April! Come see us! 😀
10. There Are No Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Attend! If you live within driving distance of our shows, there’s no reason to skip out! Obviously we can’t play everywhere in a two-week tour, but we are covering a lot of ground and hitting up some awesome cities. We realize the house party thing might confuse/intimidate some people, but seriously — how do you think we feel? Not only are we going to be there, but we’re also going to perform music! You have only two obligations: 1) Show up; and 2) Have a good time. 😀
We hope to see you in April! Bring some friends and let’s have a party!